The Bachelor of Theology is designed as a seminary-track curriculum with an emphasis on the study of the Bible. It is the foundational degree for those seeking to enter a seminary. Upon completion of the program, graduates will be well prepared to enter a theological seminary to pursue an educational program leading to the award of a Master degree in preparation for a career as an ordained minister.
Graduates of Bachelor of Theology are able to serve the Christian Community as Christian educators, missionary workers, youth ministers, Christian counselors, or Sunday school coordinators.
Successfully complete a minimum of 160 quarter units of the following coursework with a cumulative Grade Point Average of 2.0 on a 4.0 scale:
- Successfully complete 40 quarter units of general education
- Successfully complete 80 quarter units of Common Core Courses.
- Successfully complete 40 quarter units of unrestricted electives, or 20 quarter units of unrestricted electives and 20 quarter units of concentration required courses. Students may choose from the following areas of concentration:
- Christian Counseling
- Church Music
- Social Welfare
- Successfully complete the degree requirements within the time limit.
The Bachelor of Theology program must be completed within 6 years from the time the student commenced the first course, as a regular student, which applies to the degree requirements. This time limit, at the option of the university, may be extended due to special extenuating circumstances.
Bachelor of Theology – Suggested Concentrated Common Core Classes
FIRST YEAR CONCENTRATION
- BBL 105 Introduction to the Old Testament (4 quarter units)
- BBL 106 Introduction to the New Testament (4 quarter units)
- BBL 107 Bible Study Methods (4 quarter units)
- PHL 101 Philosophy of Religion (4 quarter units)
- MUS 107 Church and Worship (4 quarter units)
- PSY 101 Psychology of Religion (4 quarter units)
SECOND YEAR CONCENTRATION
- BBL 201 The background of the Bible (4 quarter units)
- BBL 203 The Life of Christ (4 quarter units)
- MUS 101 Introduction to Christian Music (4 quarter units)
- ETH 201 Introduction to Christian Ethnics (4 quarter units)
- CED 201 Introduction to Christian Education (4 quarter units)
- PTL 201 Pastoral Ministry (4 quarter units)
THIRD YEAR CONCENTRATION
- CHC 301 History of the Christian Church (4 quarter units)
- BBL 301 Interpretation of the Bible (4 quarter units)
- CED 301 Discipleship Theology (4 quarter units)
- MIS 301 Introduction to World Missions (4 quarter units)
- PHL 301 Apologetics (4 quarter units)
- CSL 201 Introduction to Christian Counseling (4 quarter units)
FOURTH YEAR CONCENTRATION
- PRT 201 Foundation of Preaching (4 quarter units)
- BBL 401 Bible Exposition (4 quarter units)
- CED 401 Principles of Leadership (4 quarter units)
- EVG 401 Introduction of Evangelism (4quarter units)
- THL 409 Seminar: Theological Studies (4 quarter units)
- THL 411 Field Practicum (4 quarter units)