The associate level program is designed to equip the layman for Christian service and for ministers who want to be better equipped for Christian ministry –such as pastors, associate pastors or evangelists.
This program requires 80 quarter units of academic credit for graduation. A student in the diploma program must have completed high school or have an equivalent certificate.
Graduates of Associate of Theology are able to serve the Christian community as lay leaders, Christian educators, and associate pastors.
Successfully complete a minimum of 80 quarter units of the following coursework with a cumulative Grade Point Average of 2.0 on a 4.0 scale:
- Successfully complete 20 quarter units of general education
- Successfully complete 40 quarter units of required courses.
- Successfully complete 20 quarter units of unrestricted electives, or 10 quarter units of unrestricted electives and 10 quarter units of concentration required courses. Students may choose from the following areas of concentration:
- Christian Counseling
- Church Music
- Social Welfare
The Associate of Theology program must be completed within 3 years from the time the student commenced the first course, as a regular student, which applies to the degree requirements. This time limit, at the option of the university, may be extended due to special extenuating circumstances.
Associate of Theology – Suggested Required Courses
- BBL 101 Old Testament Survey I
- BBL 102 Old Testament Survey II
- BBL 103 New Testament Survey I
- BBL 104 New Testament Survey II
- BBL 209 Principles of Bible Study
- BBL 213 Pastoral Work
- ENG 302 Introduction to English Bible Survey
- ETH 401 Introduction to Christian Ethics
- PHL 101 Philosophy of Religion
- MIN 301 Introduction of Practical Theology
- MIN 304 Introduction to Evangelism
- MIN 401 Foundations of Preaching
- MSN 462 History of Christian Mission
- HIS 306 History of the Bible
- BBL 301 Interpretation of the Bible
- MIN 309 Introduction to Christian Field Education